|Schools & Departments|
|Seafarer Training Center|
|Foreign Teacher's Recuitment|
|Map of Campus|
With the industry-university-institution cooperation, Guangzhou Maritime University (GMU) highlights its characteristics of maritime education, focuses on the applied science research of the shipping industries and related industries, strengthens the industry-education cooperation mechanism and the research teams management, and actively establishes platforms for collaborative innovation so as to promote its education to keep pace with the industrial science and technology progress. Since 2013, GMU has shouldered over 300 items of scientific and technological projects at different levels, including 27 items at the provincial level and above, more than 20 items of scientific research achievements have been transferred or adopted by related industries, and 23 patents have been authorized. Therefore, GMU has achieved a historic breakthrough in the national scientific research projects and the major projects at the provincial or ministerial level.
2. Research Labs and Centers
Engineering Centers at Provincial Level
(1) The Development Center Construction Project on Ship Information Control Engineering Technology of Guangdong provincial universities, directed by Prof. Zhong Biliang
(2) The Intelligent Energy Saving Seamless Power Supply Technology Development Center, directed by Prof. Xiao Leming
(3) The Engineering Technology Development Center on Ships Energy Saving and Emission Reduction and Safety Supervision, directed by Prof. Chen Aiguo
Research Centers at College Level
(1) The Pan Pearl River International Shipping Innovation Research Institute
(2) The Marine Cooperation Base of China - ASEAN Ideological Base Network
(3) Guangzhou Maritime University – Southampton Solent University Joint Maritime Research Centre
(4) The South China Sea Temple Culture Research Center
Key Disciplines at Provincial Level
(1) Ship and Ocean Engineering
(2) Transportation Engineering
Brief Introduction to Ship and Ocean Engineering
Ship and Ocean Engineering Discipline is one of the GMU’s key construction disciplines in the "12th Five-Year" Plan and one of the GMU’s key planning disciplines in the "13th Five-Year" Plan, and this discipline was approved in 2016 as the key advantage subject of Guangdong Province. Based on the two disciplines of the ship and ocean engineering and the marine engineering, this subject also covers the marine electrical engineering, automation, port channel and coastal engineering, constructing the disciplines group, which is the vanguard of the construction of maritime education characteristics, offering service for Guangdong provincial regional economy development. The construction of ship and ocean engineering discipline will greatly broaden GMU’s school-running thinking so as to offer better service to the local economy.
55 faculty members work at the Ship and Ocean Engineering, including 11 professors, 24 associate professors, 15 doctorate holders; and 51 Master degree holders, and 90% teachers have experience in both teaching at college and working in industries. Presently, more than 1600 students, 49 classes study at this discipline. This subject is equipped with a number of internal and external training practice base, practice ships, over 30 mechanical and electrical training rooms, and the laboratories co-constructed by the central and local government are the NC training lab, the port machinery lab, the marine electric propulsion lab and the marine refrigeration lab and others, in which 30 million Yuan(MB) has been invested.
This subject aims to train practical senior technicians who are cultivated in all disciplines, with especial capabilities in the basic theories and skills of designing, researching and constructing modern ships and yachts. Students will be fluent in communicating in English and computer skills. They will also be able to conduct technical and managerial works as well as suitable for the researching and teaching positions.
Brief Introduction to Transportation Engineering
The Transportation Engineering is highlighted as one key characteristic discipline of Guangdong Province. It focuses on developing some common and key technologies for both the shipping industry and the port transportation management, and it has characteristic advantage in both the traffic information and control engineering and the traffic transportation planning and management.mainly for shipping and port transport industry management, industry development of maritime transportation and, the formation of special advantages in two aspects of and transportation planning and management. It has two research projects, the research on traffic information and control engineering and the research on traffic transportation planning and management.
The research on traffic information and control engineering results from the fact that the development of shipping industry brings the large-scale, rapid and intensive changes, so that the ships grounding and collision risk increases in port area, resulting in huge losses of property and the possibility of serious environmental pollution has also increased. In addition, the rapid economic growth has also increased the number of underwater projects such as wharves, bridges and dredging, which are further worsening the navigation environment in the navigable waters. However, currently, although there is no lack of navigation safety evaluation, but most empirical qualitative description, there is lack of reliability and credibility; and foreign related research in towing tank test mainly focuses on a case study, but has not formed the theory system.
The research on traffic transportation planning and management takes the transportation system as the research object, mainly studies the theory and method of application of transportation planning and management in regional transportation, city transportation, port logistics and highway and waterway transportation and security, creates great social and economic benefits for the society. The subject has distinct characteristics and dominant position in the field of port, shipping and logistics management, comprehensive transportation system optimization, regional and city traffic system planning, transportation market and policy, traffic safety and others in china.
Academic years and Degree: Four years, Bachelor degree
Major courses: linear algebra and operations research, management, economics of transport, transportation studies, principles of carriage , maritime studies, modern logistics, planning theories and methods of transportation, shipping economy analysis, business management, marketing, loading and unloading process, international container transport and multimodal transport, ocean shipping , transportation services, communication and finance, Marine insurance, shipping English, etc
Career prospects:traffic administrative institutions, shipping services, port & service , logistics, international freight forwarders, production , foreign trade , transportation research institute, shipping financial insurance, traffic law enforcement, the maritime management, ship management and operation, transportation, scheduling and business, international freight, traffic safety , equipment management, business management, finance, insurance operation and management.
Award-winning Record in Scientific Research
1. The Strategic Management of China's Diversified Enterprises，the 6th Academy Awards for excellence in scientific research to A-Prof. Song Xuqin,  No. 206th
2. The Research and Application of Large Span Space Structure Optimization Design Method Based on Swarm Intelligence，Guangdong Provincial Science and Technology Award，the 3rd prize won by Prof. Xie Zhihong,  No. 0169
3. An Article on Teaching Reform Based on the Employment Status of Animation Major in Guangdong Colleges and Universities, by A-Prof. Chen Kun, at the 4th Guangdong Provincial College Students’ Art Exhibition
4. An Article on Course-teaching Research and Practice of Architectural Drawing for Art and Design Major，at the 4th Guangdong Provincial College Students’ Art Exhibition.
5. The Study on Strategy and Path of Guangzhou International Shipping Center Construction，Prof. Yuan Yanqing, the 2nd prize at the Guangdong Province Development Research Award
6. Research and Application on Distribution Network Operation Characteristic Gene Bank and Complex Fault Diagnosis Technology，A-Prof. Li Rui, the 3rd Prize at Guangdong Province Science and Technology Award
7. An Article on the Poetry about Ancient Chinese Maritime Silk Road and the Construction of Incorruptible Culture，A-Prof.Zeng Jiansheng, the 2nd Prize, at the Annual Excellent Paper Conference of Guangdong Province Society Science.
1. A Device for Detecting Wave Motion of Ships, in 2013, Prof. Chen Aiguo.
2. A Monitoring and Controlling System of Ships Operation Condition and Energy Saving, in 2013, Prof. Chen Aiguo.
3. A Temperature-controlled Pavement Material Shearing Instrument, in 2014, A-Prof. Wang Xuelian.
4. An Intelligent Shore Power System Based on Shore-Controlled Circulation, in 2014, Prof. Xiao Leming
5. A Movable Shore Connection Device, in 2014, Prof. Xiao Leming.
6. A Cutter Driving Device, in 2015, Prof. Bai Ming.
7. A Sensing Structure for Monitoring Soil Erosion in Underwater Base of Port Terminal, in 2015, Prof. Yu Jinliang.
8. A Testing Equipment for GOA LCD Panel Electrical Performance, in 2015, Dr. Liu Zhijun
9. An Self-Adaptive Multi-Channel Generator by Ocean Current Energy, in 2015, Dr. Tong Junjie.
10.A New Type of Quick Clamp Mechanism Parallel to the Surface of the Quick Clamp, in 2015, Dr.Liu Zhijun
11. A Harmonic Monitoring Device for Dredger Electric Network, in 2015, Prof. Bai Ming.
12. A Charging Device Based on Ships to Shore Power, in 2015, Prof. Xiao Leming.
13. A Circuit Parallel Device for Ships to Shore Power, in 2015, Prof. Xiao Leming.
14. An Intelligent Shore Power System Based on Shore Controlled Circulation, in 2016, Prof. Xiao Leming.
15. An Interlocking Device for Pipeline Valves and Filters of Marine Engine Room, in 2016, A-Prof. Chen Xinen.
16. A Monitoring System for Marine Incinerator, in 2016, A-Prof. Chen Xinen.
17. A Monitoring Method and System for Harmonic Dredgers Power Grid, in 2016, Prof. Bai Ming.
18. An Oily Water Treatment Device Suitable for Ships, in 2016, A-Prof. Zhang Zhibing.
19. A Small Generating Device by Residual Pressure Energy, in 2016, Dr. Tong Junjie.
20. A New Type of Double Channel Turbine Generator Driven by the same direction, in 2016, Dr. Tong Junjie.
21. A New Type of Magnetic Force Coupling Pump Driven by Residual Pressure Energy, in 2016, Dr. Tong Junjie.
22. A Lighting Device Based on Electromagnetic Energy Dissipation of Ship Welding Machine, in 2016, Dr. Chen Jianping.
23. A Remote on-line Intelligent Monitoring System for the Lubricating Oil of Ship Power System, in 2016, Xu Hu.
With its construction of engineering technology development centers, research bases, key laboratories and various kinds of humanities research platforms, both the GMU’s research level and its society service ability have been greatly improved. Guangzhou Maritime University has completed over 100 items of assessment projects of safety capacity of ships navigation, taking the navigation capacity assessment of “Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macao Bridge” as one example.
What’s more, with the “One Belt, One Road” initiative and the construction of both the Guangzhou international shipping center and the big harbor area alongside Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao coast, GMU has already carried out two projects. One is “the feasibility research on construction of Guangzhou international shipping center and its three-year operation scheme” , the other is “the report on the development of Guangzhou international shipping center” for Guangzhou government. Having made good use of its research achievements, GMU has submitted to the governmental departments, several proposals, such as to promote the construction of “Dry Ports”, which are the places to deal with pre-shipping documents, etc., to implement the international shipping center initiative so as to strengthen the Guangzhou national city center function and to devote major effort to developing Guangzhou vessels transaction business and serious attention has been taken to these proposals by both the municipal and provincial governments. The Service Specification for Cruise Liners Terminals drafted by GMU can provide basis for industries to formulate profession and trade standards. Two of GMU’s captains were appointed to work onboard the naval ships to help guard the merchant ships sailing cross the Gulf of Aden and the waters of Somalia.
1.Scientific research laboratory
2.Dynamic positioning Laboratory
3.Virtual laboratory for marine engine simulation
4.Rockwell Automation Laboratory
5.Clean energy ship integrated laboratory
6.Harbor coastal structure and Materials Laboratory
Copyright：Guangzhou Maritime University All Rights Reserved